■ WATERMELON, FETA AND PRAWN SALAD
Combine fresh prawns with watermelon and a sprinkling of feta for a refreshing salad that won't wreak havoc on beach-ready waistlines. Serves eight.
Top tips for selecting the best prawns:
● Cooked prawns will generally have a light pink to orange colour about them
● Avoid prawns with a discoloured appearance or dryness; fresh prawns smell like the ocean
● For hassle-free preparation, opt for prawns that have been cooked and peeled
● 1/3 watermelon, skin removed and flesh cubed
● 200g Danish feta, crumbled
● ¼ cup mint leaves
● 1kg cooked prawns, peeled and deveined
● 2 teaspoons sumac
● 1 clove garlic crushed
● 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
● 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
● 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
● Arrange the watermelon onto a large serving plate, top with the feta and prawns; scatter the mint leaves over the top.
● Whisk together the pomegranate molasses, white balsamic vinegar and olive oil, drizzle over the salad and serve immediately.