W ith stormy weather and winter chills on the horizon, power bills may be on the rise as we try to keep warm.
Draught-proofing your home is a great way to lower energy costs and keep your home warm and toasty.
Bunnings national hardware buyer John Campbell has some great tips on weather-proofing homes this winter:
● Draught-proofing can help you save money as you may not use as much energy, enabling your household to run more efficiently. It is an inexpensive way to maintain temperatures inside the home in the cooler months.
● Installing draught-proof products could reduce your cleaning time, because less mess can slip through the gaps under doors and windows.
● Weather-proofing can be easily completed as a Do It Yourself project, with no professional help required.
● Draught-proofing your home is best done at the beginning of autumn, before the temperatures really start to drop.
One great product, available at Bunnings, is the Raven Door Seal — an aluminium sealer equipped with a quality rubber blade that seals gaps of up to 16 millimetres.
This nifty product automatically lifts to clear carpet and tightly seals single doors when closed.
Bunnings also stocks the Raven Door and Window Seal Draught Excluder which is perfect for doors and windows.
This long lasting self-adhesive is ideal for sash windows and other sliding seal applications.
● For more information on Bunnings' range of draught-proofing products, visit bunnings.com.au/diy.