MORE than 900 drivers were caught using mobile phones during Operation Compliance on Wednesday, August 13.
Over the 24-hour operation, police also detected 818 motorists breaching school zone regulations.
In north-west Sydney, police recorded a total of 157 mobile phone offences, 174 school zone offences and 39 vehicle standard issues.
One woman was booked for driving through a school zone while using her mobile phone while another woman dropped her child off at school without properly supervising him crossing the road.
Police spoke to her about this and also booked her for illegally parking in a disabled zone.
Traffic and Highway Patrol commander Bob Ryan said it was a good day because no fatalities were recorded in NSW.
"These operations are effective in addressing behaviour that contributes to deaths," Commander Ryan said.
"While there was a significant police presence on the roads, there were still some individuals who were prepared to break the law, putting other road-users at risk.
"With Traffic and Highway Patrol officers working alongside local police, focusing on high-risk driver and rider behaviour, I am pleased to announce there were no fatalities reported on NSW roads.
"With the road toll currently at 193 crashes and 201-related fatalities, being six crashes and six deaths more than this time last year, we will do all we can to bring these numbers down.
"While our aim is to reduce the road toll below the 2013 figure of 339 fatalities, which was the lowest since 1924, that is still too many.
"With recent serious injury and fatal crashes involving school zones and young children, it was fortunate for all concerned that Operation Compliance had Motorcycle Response Team officers at these locations."